Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Is it better....

to use regular plates and glasses instead of plastic or disposables if you keep breaking them?

I seem to be having a butterfingers problem. Last week -- broke a glass. Tonight -- broke a plate and a dessert bowl. What's going on? And that's not really an isolated incident. I figure that I break (accidentally!) about one plate or glass a month. Broken glass is not recyclable.

I guess I'm still ahead of the game, but sheesh! None of the information I've read about the benefits of reusables mentions breaking stuff.

Then there's the rag I used to wipe up the shards because I wasn't getting all of the micro-shards with the broom. I threw that away. At least I used a really gross rag.

And how about last week, when I was bringing home the groceries in lovely canvas bags, and then dropped one of the bags (how this happened, I don't know) that contained 2 bottles of wine. I ended up throwing away the bag because I just couldn't deal with all the shards of glass and didn't want to put it in the washer like that.

No comments: