Sunday, April 13, 2008

Plastic Waste at Public Events

On Friday, my family went to a festival at the elementary school. A potluck dinner was part of the festival. Knowing this, we brought our own plates, cups and utensils. Bottled water was free at the festival (donated by WF. Why?) We filled up our cups with water from the fountain. That was no problem.

Last time we brought our plates, it was a big mess. This time was an improvement because I brought a plastic bag to put the dirty plates in. All in all, it was pretty easy. Blech factor? Not too bad. It just took a little thinking ahead.

Laundry detergent update:
A couple of weeks ago, I made my own laundry detergent. The results are in -- it works! Actually, C and I think it may be even better than the store-bought stuff. The clothes are clean, and they have an appealing clean (but not chemical) smell.


No comments: